The Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (www.sakk.ch) employs 70 coworkers at the SAKK Coordinating Center in Bern. We are a non-profit organization and – according to our vision „We bring progress to cancer care“– are conducting clinical trials in oncology since 1965.
For the expansion of our executive board we are looking for an experienced, motivated and entrepreneurial personality as
Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) 60-100%
Member of the Executive Board
- Management of the Clinical Science unit, i.e. clinical and non-clinical (e.g. registries) research project development and project-specific fundraising, including all related leadership tasks and strategic development of the unit
- High-level responsibility for the support of the Project Groups, Working Groups and Sections of SAKK as well as for the development of clinical trial proposals and protocols
- Joint responsibility for the scientific advancement of SAKK in collaboration with the Scientific Committee and the research groups and for the delivery and execution of strategically aligned medical strategies and plans
- Definition and implementation of workflows within the new established Clinical Science unit and optimization of internal and external interfaces including the continuous improvement process
- Overall responsibility for the planning and control of finances, timelines, quality and resources of the unit and of the (trial) projects until their transfer to the Clinical Operations unit
- As a member of the Executive Board, you are co-responsible for the development and management of the SAKK Coordinating Center in accordance with the SAKK strategy and SAKK Board’s guidelines
- Representation of SAKK at international and national scientific meetings, conferences and congresses
- University degree in medicine (MD), natural or pharmaceutical sciences (PhD) or a related field
- Long-term experience in clinical research, especially in Investigator Initiated Clinical Trials in oncology/hematology
- Profound leadership and management experience (line and matrix management) in expert organizations
- Entrepreneurial sprit
- Experience with the tradeoff between Public Health, Economy and Research
- Very good skills in communication, representation and negotiating
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and German, intermediate skills in French and/or Italian of advantage
What we offer:
You will be given the opportunity to perform relevant work to contribute to clinical cancer research. We offer a friendly and modern working environment close to the main station, annual working hours and the possibility for home office are part of our very attractive employment conditions.
For more information, you may contact Martin Reist, CEO (+41 31 508 41 71).
We look forward to receiving your application online or by email (in PDF format) with the note "CSO" to firstname.lastname@example.org.