The Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (www.sakk.ch) employs 80 coworkers at the SAKK Competence Center in Bern. We are a non-profit organization and – according to our vision „We bring progress to cancer care“– are conducting clinical trials in oncology since 1965.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and entrepreneurial personality as
Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) 80-100%
Member of the Executive Committee
- Management of the Clinical Science unit, i.e. clinical and non-clinical (e.g. registries) research project development and project-specific fundraising, including all related leadership tasks and strategic development of the unit
- High-level responsibility for the support of the Project Groups, Working Groups and Sections of SAKK as well as for the development of clinical trial proposals and protocols
- Joint responsibility for the scientific advancement of SAKK in collaboration with the Scientific Committee and the research groups and for the delivery and execution of strategically aligned medical strategies and plans
- Definition and implementation of workflows within the newly established Clinical Science unit and optimization of internal and external interfaces
- Active outreach to companies (e.g., pharma, biotech, startups) to identify new study opportunities
- Representation of SAKK at international and national scientific meetings, conferences and congresses
- University degree in medicine (MD), natural or pharmaceutical sciences (PhD) or a related field
- Experience in clinical research, especially in Investigator Initiated Clinical Trials in oncology/hematology
- Leadership and management experience (line and matrix management) in expert organizations
- Entrepreneurial initiative
- Good skills in communication, representation and negotiating – solid written and oral communication skills in English and German, intermediate skills in French and/or Italian of advantage
- Project management skills
What we offer:
You will be given the opportunity to perform relevant work to contribute to clinical cancer research. We offer a friendly and modern working environment close to the main station, annual working hours and the possibility for home office.
For more information, you may contact Hans Rudolf Keller, CEO (+41 31 508 41 60). We look forward to receiving your application online or by e-mail (in PDF format) with the note "CSO" to firstname.lastname@example.org.