The Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (www.sakk.ch) employs more than 70 coworkers at the SAKK Coordinating Center in Bern. According to our vision “We bring progress to cancer care“ we are a non-profit organization conducting clinical trials in oncology since 1965. We are looking to expand our Statistics team immediately or upon agreement with a motivated and reliable
Senior Biostatistician 80–100%
- Ensure sound statistical planning, analysis, reporting, and publication of clinical trials and the associated research projects (e.g. translational research, quality of life, etc.)
- Discuss and develop trial proposals with investigators
- Review relevant documents (e.g. trial proposals, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, etc.)
- Work with Clinical Data Managers and Statistical Programmers to ensure high data quality
- Provide statistical support and advice to other biostatisticians within the Statistics team
- Keep abreast of developments in statistics and oncology through literature review, conference attendance, etc.
- Initiate and perform methodological research in medical statistics when appropriate
- PhD. or Master’s Degree / Diploma in statistics or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in clinical trials in oncology; experience in phase I trials would be advantageous
- Knowledgeable in trial design, survival analysis and mixed models
- Proficient in SAS; experience in R or S-Plus would be advantageous
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work both independently and in interdisci-plinary teams
- Very good project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; ability to communicate in German
What we offer:
You will perform relevant work to contribute to clinical cancer research. We offer a friendly and modern work environment close to the main station, annual working time and very good social benefits.
Please send your documents (CV, motivation letter and list of two references) electronically (in PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject “Biostatistician”) or to SAKK Coordinating Center, Stéphanie Mohler, Head of Human Resources, Effingerstrasse 33, 3008 Bern. For more information, you may contact Dr Stefanie Hayoz, Head of Statistics (email@example.com, +41 31 508 42 20).