The section of pathology aims to design and conduct translational research in the field of clinical trials. It functions as a platform to promote multicenter trials in the pathology community. Further, the section is active in the following areas:
- Quality assurance of clinical trials regarding pathology diagnoses;
- Review of initial pathology diagnose for quality assurance;
- Establishment of novel predictive tests, for example PIK3CA for Cetuximab treatment or NRAS-testing Vemurafenib treatment in Melanoma;
- Translational research requires tissue banking; pathologists are involved in the establishment of biobanks and collection of biomaterial.
- Development of pathology-based clinical trials;
- Involvement of pathologists in the early phases of protocol development;
- Information on SAKK activities involving pathology investigations and translational research to the pathology community.