SAKK/Gilead Expanding Horizons Award
The healthcare field is continuously evolving, and the field of oncology is advancing at a particularly rapid pace. It is thus tremendously important, in the interest of maintaining high-quality patient care, to facilitate the continuous education of healthcare providers in this field. Gilead would like to contribute to tackling this challenge by partnering up with the SAKK to provide funding for ongoing education in the field of oncology. A total of CHF 40,000 is to be awarded.
- Applicants who wish to have their education funded by the award need to be employed by a healthcare institution in Switzerland and work in the field of oncology. Applications may also be submitted by institutions in Switzerland.
- Within this scope the award can be granted either to teams or individuals; people from a range of backgrounds are eligible, such as nurses, doctors or study coordinators.
- Projects must be financed through an institutional banking account.
Project types may include but are not limited to:
- Coaching of individuals or teams
- Initiatives for ongoing education/training for teams or individuals
- International training visits to other healthcare institutions
- Training apps or other digital forms of training
Applications must be written in English and contain the following information:
- Background/rationale of the project (including how this project will further enhance the applicants' professional knowledge/skills in the field of oncology)
- Detailed description of the project
- Timeline of the project
- Financial plan of the project
- CV of the main applicant (for group applications individual CVs may be requested)
Submissions: Applications must be submitted electronically via SAKK, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: October 31, 2022
For further information, please refer to the documents below.
In collaboration with