Artificial intelligence and digitalization are taking major leaps into the fields of medicine and hemato-oncology. SAKK’s Digital Innovation Award is funded by AbbVie and aims to support projects that pave the way for synergies between clinicians and information technology with a view to improving standards of care. The grant is worth CHF 30,000.
We aim to facilitate learner-driven education and encourage applicants to outline projects that are best suited to achieve their goals of professional development. Successful projects will, however, have to be specifically advancing professional knowledge and competency in the field of oncology, ultimately leading to an improvement of the quality of patient care in this field.
- Practicing physician (either hospital or office-based), clinical researcher or professional in a patient care institution/society
- Primary place of work in Switzerland
- Project funded via an institutional/healthcare organization bank account
-scope topics , include but are not limited to:
- E-Patient / e-doctor
- Artificial Intelligence applied to medicine / diagnosis / meta-analysis / big data
- Supporting patient recruitment & clinical studies
- Exchange tools & formats
- E-health prevention / prediction
- Disease awareness
- Social media
- Events (congresses)
- Process optimization
- Use of blockchain technology
Applications must be written in English and contain the following information:
- Candidate’s resume
- Letter of support which emphasizes and highlights the candidate’s achievements relevant to the SAKK/AbbVie Award
- Relevant publication, manuscript or proof of concept that outlines the feasibility and/or need for this project
- List of candidate’s publications that are relevant to this award
- If applicable, any other relevant information or documentation
Submissions: Applications must be be submitted electronically via SAKK, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2024
For further information please refer to the documents below.
In collaboration with